Supervisor, Operations - Operations
SUMMARY:As an Operations Supervisor, the incumbent will lead a team of hourly associates in the execution of all shipping and distribution of our parts throughout the country to our customers. This role is also responsible for managing order fulfillment of customer orders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform supervisory duties for assigned team members. This may include conducting performance reviews, oversee development, document attendance, submit payroll information and issue corrective action to team members.
- Assists in inventory control procedures (e.g. cycle counting) for all packaging materials, ingredients, and finished product.
- Implement warehouse procedures and service standards consistent with organizational guidelines
- Maintain, refine and/or suggest improvements within the area to meet customer requirements which include deadlines and quality standards.
- Assist with developing and implementing performance measurements and auditing the processes to routinely evaluate operations efficiency and quality.
- Ensure the Receiving & shipping of all items delivered to the company are properly checked and accounted for in the ERP system.
- Ensure all items shipped by the company are properly Packaged by team members to prevent damage to the item(s). Manage the inventory of packaging materials at a level to support the business and prevent work stoppage.
- Oversee the coordination of all Shipments and/or Deliveries. Ensure the effective use of software to create shipping labels and other documents to schedule pickups.
- Oversees parts preparation, material handling, measuring, and packaging equipment.
- Maintains contact with personnel from various customers and supports areas to ensure accuracy of material/process.
- Assist the sales and customer service team to ensure all orders are shipped in a timely manner
- Ensure team members are trained to operate basic and advanced warehouse vehicles (pallet jack, forklift)
- Assess the cost and performance of current and alternative warehouse procedures and service standards
- At least 4-5 years job-related experience, including knowledge of packing and shipping process
- At least 1 year team lead or supervisory related experience
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 6 years previous leadership or supervisor experience in high-volume, multi-shift, order fulfillment distribution center preferred
- Experience using Quantum Controls
(INCLUDE LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SECURITY CLEARANCE, TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS, ETC.):
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Arizona, USA
- Miramar, FL, USA