Aviation Accessory Technician II
SUMMARY: The Aviation Accessory Technician will perform maintenance and alteration tasks on civil aviation articles in accordance with the current technical data provided in the manufacturers’ Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, Services Bulletins, service letters, Airworthiness Directives, government and industry standard practices, and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assemble limited fuel controls, or limited governors, or all fuel, oil, or air accessories.
- Test limited fuel, oil, or air accessories (Excluding fuel controls and governors).
- Utilize hand tools daily.
- Utilize specialty tools for precision measurements daily.
- Read and interpret technical data and drawings.
- Operate test equipment as needed to ensure components pass function test.
- Verify that all components are tested to the appropriate specifications to ensure airworthiness.
- Troubleshoot components failing test or set up to determine root cause of failure.
- Generate data plates for components completed with use of a laser system.
- Document maintenance records of all repair work orders performed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of mechanical work experience
- High mechanical aptitude
- Flexible to changing workloads/priorities based on customer requirements.
- Maintain an orderly and productive work environment.
- Ability to function in fast paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and data required.
- Basic computer operating skills.
- 1-3 years of aviation accessory experience
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Independence, KS 67301, USA