Quality Inspector I
SUMMARY: The Quality Inspector I performs inspection of aviation accessories in accordance with the current technical data provided in the Component Maintenance Manuals, Services Bulletins, Service Information Letters, Airworthiness Directives, Regulations and Quality procedures acceptable to or approved by the FAA. Quality Inspection is performed to ensure product integrity is maintained to all requirements and to ensure that customer requirements are have been fully complied with prior to completion of inspection function.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (*Essential Duties) Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand and complies with quality requirements
- Complies with safety requirements
- Ensures precision equipment is Calibrated of Verified prior to use
- Contribute to meeting of team key performance indicators (KPIs) to support the achievement of wider objectives
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience reading technical documents
- Experience with writing technical information
- Experience with measuring devices and how to properly use the
- Must demonstrate math abilities to add and subtract units of measurement to 4 decimal places and order numbers in sequence
- Must pass vision requirements for Near Vision and Distance Vision.
- Must understand, read and write English
- 0-2 Years in inspection role or other aviation experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Detail oriented and thorough Ability to work in a team
Must pass vision requirements for Near Vision and Distance Vision.
Must understand, read and write English
Diploma or GED preferred
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Quality
- Job Function Inspector, Tester, Sorter, Sampler and Weigher
- Pay Type Hourly
- Independence, KS 67301, USA