SUMMARY: The Accounting Supervisor will work closely with the Aviation and Corporate Accounting and Finance team to supervise the day-to-day functions of the department including but not limited to the monthly close, intercompany transactions, financial reporting, and budget-to-actual review. The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment. Strong analytical skills, problem solving, and process improvement are a must to succeed; the team member will be a key contributor to establishing a culture that supports best practices, accountability, and comradery.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute and perform journal entries and account reconciliations for one or more business units, review staff accountant’s work for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure proper Fixed Asset management for the entire company.
- Finalize monthly financial statements for review
- Assist auditors during annual audits with a strong emphasis on SOX compliance.
- Perform month-end close procedures and journal entries
- Supervise general ledger accounting functions
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years of Senior Accounting experience; Supervisory experience is preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency using various software, mainly Microsoft Office
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to read and write at a proficient level
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to fast-paced environment and changing business priorities
- Prior Sarbanes Oxley experience
- Prior work experience with a Public Company experience
- Prior work experience in the Aviation Industry
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Job Family Finance and Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Miramar, FL, USA