SOSS Software Functional Analyst
SUMMARY:VSE is seeking a Systems Operations Support Services (SOSS) Software Functional Analyst for the Division of Integration & Environmental Testing (DIET) in the Software Testing Branch (STB) at the Social Security Administration (SSA).This position is responsible for managing the environmental and software configurations necessary for testing the SSA systems configurations and application codes designed to determine compliance with design specifications and stability, prior to certification for migration into the SSA production system.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review all change records to ensure proper documentation of changes.
- Certify each Change Management System (CMS) within established timelines.
- Report testing progress in appropriate venues to the SSA team leads, to the task manager, at the divisional status meetings, and on DIET’s Online Software Release Form system.
- Aid with CICS, Client/Server, Web, Cloud testing, integration testing as part of the SDLC, Time Sharing Option/Interactive System Productivity Facility (TSO/ISPF), Abend-AID, word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation software packages (ex: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VISIO, etc.).
- Possess the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of personnel. This would include adjusting the technical details of their communication to match their audience.
- Follow up with personnel within the division and outside components to resolve any issues that arise during testing.
- Document which NETF machines were tested for CMS records on the Client/Server platform.
- Ensure each software release that is assigned to the contractor has a test plan attached to the Agency’s Online Software Release Form (OSRF) prior to testing.
- High School Diploma and/or related advanced training and certifications in computer operations or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in application related system administration and/or related field.
- Demonstrating the ability in the application of organization or enterprise-wide set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design, and construction of information systems or networks.
- Performing application related system administration functions and respond to user requests for hardware, peripheral equipment and software support, hardware diagnostics, repair and maintenance.
- Performing software application testing, Planning and installing new software.
- Performing software migrations and upgrades in accordance with established procedures.
- Adhering to software standards and licensing.
- Configuration management disciplines to formally document and control the system administration aspects of software during its life cycle.
- Reviewing and updating related documentation on a regular basis.
- The ability to work under limited supervision with responsibility for moderately complex assignments, and to work independently with responsibility for complex assignments.
- Bachelors Degree
- In-depth knowledge of the Windows 10 operating system to include:
- Experience with updating the registry
- Analyzing operating system logs via Event Viewer (Application, Security, and System logs)
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Baltimore, MD, USA