Accounting Leader (Temp)
SUMMARY: The Accounting Leader will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits. This person will manage the accounts payable function, accounts receivable, and monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
Other Areas of Responsibilities:
- Work directly with external auditors on year end audits and reviews as required and provide the necessary documentation and supporting explanations.
- Assist with other Ad hoc reporting/projects as required.
- Experience in public company setting a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-7 years of experience in large company or public company setting
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and deadline driven
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Job Family Finance and Accounting
- Job Function Accountant and Auditor
- Pay Type Hourly
- Miramar, FL, USA