SUMMARY: The Seamstress performs repairs and alterations to aircraft seat upholstery and cargo netting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sew utilizing all available industrial sewing machines.
- Follow established patterns and specifications, as well as create new patterns and specifications as necessary.
- Follow established processes and procedures.
- Use handheld and tools as necessary.
- Maintain accurate material consumption logs.
- Lift and handle material rolls (team lift) that can weigh up to 50 pounds each.
- Assist with the check-in of new fabric, materials, hardware, etc.
- Assist with material inventory counts.
- Maintain a well-organized and clean personal workspace.
- Communicate with sewing lead and/or manager to reorder materials and supplies.
- Cooperate and share information with team members and other departments.
- Participate in and contribute to group projects.
- Provide support to the processing departments as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess excellent and amending skills.
- Possess knowledge of fabrics, leather, thread, sewing equipment, sewing techniques, and measurement.
- High School Diploma.
- This position entails the common use of products/chemicals, but not limited to: Methyl Ethyl Ketone ASTM-D740 (MEK), 3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive, 3M Scotch-Weld (EC-1300L Yellow).
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Tailor, Dressmaker and Custom Sewer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Miramar, FL, USA