Engineering Administrative Specialist
SUMMARY: The Engineering Administrative Specialist is responsible for customer service/communication on all warranty items, updating/maintaining all technical manuals, implementing/maintaining electronic manuals, assisting in tracking new start up projects, answering phones and any other duty found necessary to fulfill the engineering requirements for the repair of civil aviation articles in accordance with the current technical data provided in the manufacturers’ Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, Services Bulletins, service letters, Airworthiness Directives, government and industry standard practices, and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA. Also, maintaining Hazardous Chemical Log and SDS sheets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Customer Warranty Accounts
- Provide customer service/communication on all warranty and investigations
- Create/Update All Warranty Orders in ERP system
- Update and Maintain all technical manuals
- Initiate and maintain technical data revision notifications
- Maintain the Master Technical Data Revision Log
- Implement and maintain all electronic technical manuals
- Assist in new start-up projects by tracking progress/status and completing new capability forms
- Assist in Answering Phones
- Filing, Copying and Scanning documents for engineering department
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill engineering requirements of the company.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of Customer Service Experience required
- Ability to articulate/communicate technical findings/information both verbally and written
- Excel spreadsheet, Word document experience required
- Flexible to changing workloads/priorities based on customer requests
- Maintain an orderly and productive work environment
- Able to function in fast paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality.
- 2-3 years of Customer Service Experience preferred
- 1-2 years experience with company ERP system preferred.
- 1 year of experience/knowledge of company product capabilities preferred
- Adobe reader/editor experience preferred
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Independence, KS 67301, USA