Senior Financial Analyst
SUMMARY: VSE Aviation is seeking an experienced candidate for its Senior Financial Analyst role. This is a unique role which will provide candidate exposure to the segment leadership team cross functionally, allowing for a wide variety of experiences and the opportunity to understand the business at an accelerated pace. The candidate must be a self-starter, who has an inquisitive nature and great business acumen. Candidate must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, problem solving skills, ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects concurrently. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and work well with others. VSE is looking for change agents with the ability to execute process improvements and influence change.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Annual Planning Cycle
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating plan and 2-year long range plan.
- Maintain detailed budgeting and forecasting models.
- Preparation of plan financial statements (Income Statement/Balance Sheet/Cash flow).
Monthly Forecasting Cycle
- Owner of the monthly forecasting cycle.
- Participate in consensus meetings with stakeholders and assist team with gap closure.
- Support segment leaders to timely Identify and quantify risk and opportunity.
- Manage and generate the operational reporting for all segments (i.e. distribution and MRO).
- Analysis and commentary of actual financial results vs. budget, forecast and prior year.
- Partner with supply chain to produce value added analysis/metrics aimed at improving inventory pipeline health.
- Assist accounting with capital expenditure process from initial funding to asset deployment.
- Work with business owners to ensure all funding requests are complete and have acceptable ROI.
- Monitor and report on spend by project monthly (i.e. actual vs. budget, forecast and prior year).
- Partner with stakeholders’ cross functionally to ensure proper recording of spend (Cap. Vs. Exp.).
- Support accounting and finance with the implementation of the Oracle Financial Consolidation & Planning Tool.
- Continuous improvement of reporting and infra-structure tools (i.e. Power BI, Essbase cubes, Workforce Planning).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- 8+ years of previous experience.
- Advanced Microsoft office user (macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUP and index formulas).
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Budgeting / Forecasting experience.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Previous work experience with financial/accounting systems (i.e. Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)/ Essbase.
- Workforce planning or other workforce management software tool experience.
- Previous experience with Power Bi, Quantum, or other ERP systems
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Job Family Finance and Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Miramar, FL, USA