Senior Manager, Ship Transfer
SUMMARY: VSE is looking for aSenior Ship Transfer Manager supporting the Global Marine group. This position is responsible for organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of projects associated with the reactivation, overhaul, and transfer of ex-USN and ex-USCG ships and boats being transferred to eligible foreign navies under the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program. This includes planning, organizing, and oversight for the successful completion of FMS ship transfers within assigned goals and objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered within scope, time, and budget constraints. The Ship Transfer Manager will have direct interface with US Navy customer, their foreign navy customer as well as levels of program leadership: project managers, task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Provide oversight and management of waterfront ship repair availabilities under the auspices of the Foreign Military Sales program.
- Oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks.
- Establish and maintain financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers.
- Take initiative in identifying and acquiring potential business.
- Provide direction on projects from inception through completion.
- Participate in the development of ship repair specifications and Ship Alteration and Repair Packages (SARP).
- Participate in Work Definition Conferences (WDC) with representatives of the customer country, NAVSEA, shipyards, and designated vendors.
- Conduct production meetings and facilitate the integration of customer country, NAVSEA, and shipyard functions.
- Monitor integrated master ship repair schedules.
- Perform as primary liaison with government personnel and customer country representative prior to and during execution of ship reactivation.
- Review and approve production / training / logistics schedules, condition reports, weekly SITREPs, material receipt/inspection reports, training reports, incident reports, and test reports.
- Oversee monitoring, recording, and reporting of activities, trends, results, and recommendations relating to all ship repair activities.
- Provide technical and managerial assistance on all aspects of project management to comply with the technical requirements of the contract for the customer.
- Manage and coordinate technical and administrative staff by assigning, scheduling, prioritizing, coordinating, and facilitating multiple tasks.
- Compose memoranda, reports, and other documentation highlighting project steps and status for daily and weekly meetings with customer.
- Attend meetings and deliver presentations about project status and work commitments.
- Ensure training of all staff members and provide instruction on customer’s methods, procedures, and standards.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and take corrective action.
- Participate in the planning and design of new projects.
- Must be able to identify, assess and analyze with the team, any risk and/or issues that may compromise the successful completion of the project, and develop plans/actions that will remove this risk.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience is required in management of complex projects involving Hull, Mechanical & Electrical (HM&E) overhauls and replacements on USG ships, submarines, or combat systems.
- Experience is required in naval shipbuilding and overhaul in public or private shipyard environment, including experience in managing a large and diverse group of individuals from professional to industrial worker.
- Experience is required in management of schedules for large and complex projects.
- Foreign Military Sales experience is highly desirable.
- Shall have experience in management of schedules for large and complex projects.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required.
- A Bachelor's degree in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Physical Science, Business or Financial Management is preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen eligible to obtain a security clearance and Passport.
- Expertise/Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites and Project required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute is preferred.
- Former U.S. Navy Engineering Duty Officers (EDO) with shipboard engineering experience, Limited Duty Officers (LDO)- Engineering/Repair Officer and Surface Warfare Officers (SWO) – Served Chief Engineer preferred and encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity and experience with ITAR, FCPA, and other regulations and laws associated with international work is highly desired.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Alexandria, VA, USA