International Military Student Officer (IMSO)
The International Military Student Officer (IMSO) Coordinator, will maintain planning, travel and provides support as an administrative liaison for approximately 200 International Military Students under the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program supporting the Federal and Defense Services (FDS), Maritime Services Division. The position will coordinates with various U.S. Government and local officials to obtain documents required for U.S. military base and facilities access along with any required by various state and local entities to assimilate within the local community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arrange and provide oversight for airport transportation of newly arrived foreign military personnel to designated lodging, as well as meet the local day-to-day transportation needs of foreign military crew members.
- Act as liaison for foreign military personnel in the procurement of official identification documentation required for U.S. military base and facilities access
- Provides direction and assistance to foreign military personnel in the procurement of individual services, to include but not limited to, medical, dental, legal, banking, and school enrollments for dependents.
- Provide administrative assistance to the on-site project manager
- Communicate with multiple U.S. government officials to obtain required FMS documents and determine the status of these documents and to resolve discrepancies.
- Answer queries and provide recommendations regarding places of cultural and tourist interests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience as liaison to foreign military personnel in support of DoD Security Assistance programs preferably involving ship repair and reactivation.
- Strong analytical skills, resourceful, and detail oriented with an ability to manage prioritization of own work.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Computer savvy and expertise/proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Project required.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively individually and in a team environment.
- Must be a U.S. citizen eligible to obtain a security clearance.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience as an IMSO preferably in a ship repair and overhaul environment.
- BA or BS degree preferred or relevant work experience
- International Security Cooperation Policy and ITAR compliance experience
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Charleston, SC, USA