SUMMARY: Energetics is a leading U.S. energy and management consultancy, with over 40 years of experience working with government and commercial clients to solve complex energy and technology challenges from inception to deployment and beyond. Our services include strategic planning and technology roadmap development, energy analysis and modeling, strategic outreach and communication, metrics and program evaluation, market and technology impact assessment, and program management for technology deployment. We apply these services across multiple areas of clean energy, including energy efficiency and energy management, manufacturing technologies, renewable energy and hydrogen/fuel cells, advanced transportation, climate resilience and sustainability, critical infrastructure resilience, and grid modernization. Established in 1979, Energetics is headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, with offices in Maryland, Washington DC, New York, California, Washington State, and Dubai (UAE).
We provide technical support to multiple offices at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), including the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, Office of Fossil Energy, and the Energy Information Administration. Energetics also works with many other government and private sector clients in the U.S., including the National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, the California Energy Commission, major U.S. utilities, national laboratories, trade associations, universities, and commercial manufacturers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
At Energetics, you’ll collaborate with other consulting professionals in the energy, sustainability, and resilience fields. As part of your work, you’ll gain knowledge about cutting-edge technologies, policies and trends. You’ll interact with customers, subject matter experts, research investigators and other specialists as you gather information about the latest developments.
Your everyday duties could include researching trends and technologies, compiling information and data, helping develop program plans, writing success stories, developing briefings, or supporting meetings with stakeholders. Successful candidates will be willing to take on a range of assignments in a diversity of areas, from smart buildings to energy efficiency, advanced vehicles, renewable energy, and climate resilience.
- 5 years’ experience in a relevant field; internships are considered
- Bachelors’ degree in policy, social sciences, economics, engineering, or science fields; M.A. or M.S. degree helpful but not required
- Excellent knowledge of M.S. Office suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Able to author papers, reports, program plans, or briefings for technical or non-technical audiences
- Willing to take on and learn new areas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in government consulting or supporting government organizations
- Strong interest in energy, climate, sustainability, or resilience
**The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Production
- Pay Type Salary
- Energetics HQ MD, 7075 Samuel Morse Dr, Columbia, Maryland, United States of America