Shipping & Receiving Clerk
SUMMARY: The Shipping & Receiving Clerk is responsible for fulfilling orders, packaging, and verifying parts, and ensuring that the daily functions and procedures run smoothly and efficiently. Supports team in accomplishing daily goals and meeting deadlines. Shipping and receiving, maintaining inventory, and warehouse upkeep are responsibilities of this role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform receiving inspection by verifying serial numbers (s/n), part numbers (P/N), obvious damage on unit, capabilities, and revisions. Manage customer holds, engineering holds, quality holds, and maintain direct communication with customer service, and internal team.
- Perform shipping duties, verify P/N’s, obvious damage on units, shipping instructions, shipping addresses, verify commercial invoices (MS) Memo of Shipment and proformas when shipped directly to third parties, create airway bills and inspection of customer’s crates prior to shipping final goods, send invoices, and contact carriers to schedule pickups.
- Verify that R.O.’s match materials being shipped out.
- Direct communication with customer service for incomplete documents, returns, and other discrepancies.
- Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years in a warehouse environment; Aviation related is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to read, send, and execute instructions via email and memos.
- Proficient with computers, basic knowledge of word editing software, inventory sheets, and email management.
- Warehouse Operations’ Knowledge, experienced with shipping, receiving, and stocking practices.
- Hazardous Materials Shipping and Handling and general shipping procedures.
- Aviation Materials Knowledge, familiar with parts numbers, descriptions, and handling.
- Ability to carry several assignments at the same time and deliver positive results.
- Adjust to continuous change, ability to shift focus to new task while keeping productivity and without losing sight of general goals.
- Detail oriented, able to produce accurate work to avoid unnecessary reproduction.
- Self-initiated, able to complete needed work and/or identify areas that require work.
- Dependable, completion of all assigned tasks and maintains good attendance.
- High School diploma.
- Forklift driving experience.
- Hazmat shipping experience.
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Shipping, Receiving, and Traffic Clerk
- Pay Type Hourly
- Miramar, FL, USA