Director, Programs (Material Solutions Leader)
SUMMARY: The Director, Programs isAccountable for the oversight and direction of the Material Solutions team. Technical subject matter expert for all Commercial Consignment sales products, and is the key advisor to Senior Leadership Team. Analyzes Consignment program event profitability and drives corrective action initiatives. Role will have full responsibility for Operations, Aircraft Disassembly, Inventory Consignment/Asset Management, Logistics, Warehousing, Reliability Analytics and more.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all facets of P&L Performance, Management, Development, & Administration of VSE’s Material’s Solution division.
- Total program leadership responsibility across technical, cost, and schedule performance.
- Experience in leading teams composed of administrative and technical professionals who have been involved in analyzing, designing, integrating, training, testing, documenting, implementing, and maintaining complex systems and/or processes.
- Manages business processes to collect and analyze consignment program event profitability, investigates variances, and recommends corrective actions
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing, and administrative areas.
- Plans and directs the work of team formed to meet contractual commitments and exceed customer expectations
- Works with Consignment Materials Management team to develop strategic material management plans to support customer events and to optimize profitability
- Develop both strategic and tactical plans which create a safety conscious environment that results in employee safety and well-being.
- Partners with Finance and Internal Business Units to develop and implement profit margin improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field
- 9+ years prior experience of progressive leadership in Commercial surplus industry
- 3+ years of large-scale program management experience
- Ability to influence and direct a diverse list of Stakeholders to successful delivery outcomes
- Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field
- 12+ years prior experience of progressive leadership in MRO industry
- 5+ years of large-scale program management experience
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Program Directors
- Pay Type Salary
- Missouri, USA