Energetics, a Division of VSE Corporation, is a leading U.S. energy and management consultancy, with over 40 years of experience working with government and commercial clients to solve complex energy and technology challenges. Our services include strategic planning and technology roadmap development, energy analysis and modeling, stakeholder outreach and communication, metrics and program evaluation, market and technology impact assessment, and program management. We apply these services across many areas of clean energy, including energy efficiency and management, manufacturing, renewable energy, hydrogen/fuel cells, advanced transportation, climate resilience, decarbonization, infrastructure resilience, and grid modernization. Established in 1979, Energetics is headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, with offices in Maryland, Washington DC, New York, California, and Washington State.
We provide technical support to multiple offices at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), including the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE), Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, Office of Fossil Energy, International Affairs, and the Energy Information Administration. Energetics also works with many other government and private sector clients, including the National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, United Nations Industrial Development Organization, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, the California Energy Commission, major U.S. utilities, national laboratories, trade associations, universities, and commercial manufacturers. Our work also extends globally to international companies and governments, in Europe and the MENA region (Middle East, North Africa).
- Looking for an opportunity to apply your passion for energy and sustainability? A place where you can make an important contribution in a collaborative, flexible work atmosphere? Energetics is accepting applications for a Technical/Business Program Manager for immediate employment. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your technical, management, and business development abilities in the energy and environmental consulting field. In this position, you will work directly with clients in the energy sector conducting technical work, manage programs
- and staff, and pursue new business opportunities. The Technical/Business Program Manager requires a blend of demonstrated technical and management skills. You will provide effective staff development, program enhancement, and operational oversight when needed. Candidates should have strong interest and experience in the energy sector and consulting. As part of your work, you’ll gain knowledge about cutting-edge technologies, policies, and trends in industrial energy.
- Contributing to business development and company growth are an important aspect of this position. Candidates will interface directly with customers in federal, state, and local government, as well as private sector organizations.
- Position location is flexible, and candidates can work from either the Columbia, MD Headquarters or our Washington, DC office. We will also consider remote telework options for the right candidate. Energetics provides a competitive benefits package along with incentive programs for managers and business developers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing management support for multidisciplinary engagements
- Identifying/pursuing markets and opportunities for business development
- Managing major programs and contracts, as well as staff
- Working directly with key clients/customers in a fast-paced operating environment
- Hiring, training, and providing ongoing supervision and mentoring to staff
- Coordinating teams in execution of U.S. government clean energy and decarbonization RD&D programs, including advanced manufacturing technologies and others
- Developing and coordinating high-level analysis and review of budget language and policies for government industrial R&D programs
- Leading market and technology assessments, economic benefits and policy analyses, and other technical analyses; technical contributions on analytical methods and quality of deliverables
- Providing project management support
- Other duties as assigned
- 8–12 years of work experience in a relevant field
- B.S. Degree in engineering or physical science; a master’s degree is highly desirable. Preferred degree fields include mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, materials science, electrical engineering, and environmental engineering; or physics, chemistry, andmathematics/statistics.
- Prior experience managing programs and staff
- Prior business development experience, preferably in consulting
- Ability to work directly with clients
- Strong business acumen, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Master’s or PhD degree in relevant field
- Relevant experience in consulting
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing. Working or visiting onsite at a government facility will require attestation of COVID vaccination.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Program Directors
- Pay Type Salary
- Washington, DC, USA