Facilities Maintenance Technician
Wallick Communities, founded in 1966, is a diversified organization specializing in the development, construction and management of affordable multi-family housing and senior living communities including memory care.
Wallick is currently seeking qualified Facilities Maintenance Technician for the Malvern and Cutter apartments in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Wallick Mission: Opening doors to homes, opportunity, and hope. We provide multi-family housing and senior living communities. We strive to provide a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable place to call Home.
Wallick Values: Our Values flow directly from our Mission and set the expectation for how all associates work together. These values are:
How You Will Contribute: In accordance with the Wallick Mission and Values, the Facilities Technician will perform general maintenance duties for communities within the district in a timely manner, taking care to ensure our residents needs are met and comfortable homes maintained to the highest standards.
· Completing various site maintenance projects as directed by the Manager.
· Complete unit turns within as directed by the Manager.
· Responsible for the timely completion of work orders within the district.
· Responsible for emergency maintenance response within the district which may include on-call rotations.
· Maintain specific levels of certification as required for the position.
· Responsible to maintain the communities within the district to Company standards.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: Position requires extensive walking, stooping/bending, balancing, kneeling, squatting, and climbing. Requires the ability to lift 50 lbs. Requires talking, seeing, and hearing with reasonable accommodation.
Work Environment: Travel between communities within the district may be required, depending on. Position requires work to be performed indoors and outside. Indoor working conditions are often inside a residence within the community, a communal area, or in the designated maintenance shop area. Outside work is throughout the community grounds and outdoor communal areas.
· You have a minimum of 2-4 years prior maintenance experience.
· Knowledge of applicable laws governing residential housing strongly preferred.
· You have a certification or have demonstrated proficiency in HVAC, plumbing and/or
· You have a valid driver's license.
· You can demonstrate a thorough understanding of apartment maintenance functions.
· You pride yourself on providing a great experience for the resident, from communication to quality and timeliness of repair.
· You are an adaptable and flexible problem solver.
· You are detail oriented with the ability to balance and organize multiple priorities.
· Time Management - Able to organize and manage multiple priorities; uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; and concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities.
· Problem Analysis and Response - Identifies areas of improvement; and qualifies and prioritizes response.
· Maintenance and Mechanical Aptitude - Working knowledge of electrical, HVAC, plumbing and inventory cost control; and willingness to learn and advance within the maintenance profession.
· Adaptability and Flexibility - Must be open to various work assignments and locations.
· Detail Orientation - Ability to pay close attention to detail to prevent mistakes.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2026 Eleanor Pl, Cincinnati, OH 45219, USA