Lam Cutting Operator
Shape our common future: The Weidmann Group is, and has been for over 140 years, a leading global supplier of engineered products and services. Weidmann develops and manufactures
- high-voltage insulation materials, components and systems, predominantly from cellulose, as well as diagnostics and engineering services, and sensors and monitors for transformer manufacturers and operators (Business Area Electrical Technology)
- microfibrillated cellulose for innovative engineered applications (Business Area Fiber Technology)
- sophisticated injection-molded plastics applications for the medical and pharmaceuticals industries (Business Area Medical Technology)
The Weidmann Group, headquartered in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, is active worldwide in more than 30 locations and employs a staff of 3’200.
Purpose: Operates vacuum lifts and saws which involves cutting and inspection of laminated material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position has significant environmental aspects/impacts associate with it: Hazardous Wastes and Dust Emissions.
- Operate vacuum lifts to load and unload sheets of material weighing up to 3,000 lbs.
- Perform visual inspections and caliper checking of the sheets.
- Order material and any paperwork involved with orders.
- Update any material usage into the computer terminal for inventory purposes.
- Operate fork trucks to replace skids of laminated material that has or will be cut on the Schelling Saw. Skids weighing up to 11,000 lbs.
- Perform other jobs or paperwork relating to the saws.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Notify a superior of any damage, wearing of parts, or potential areas of contamination on machinery he/she is operating.
- Report any out-of-spec material to a superior.
- Produce products and services that meet the defined and anticipated customer expectations.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Work to acquire appropriate training.
- Adhere to all environmental, health, and safety procedures.
- Has the responsibility of understanding and carrying out assigned duties in conformance with customer and business requirements. Only known good work is forwarded
- Ensures that problems, errors and/or defects that surface in regard to products, documentation, procedures or materials are promptly brought to attention for correction.
- Provides support and input for continual improvement projects, preventative and corrective actions.
- Has the responsibility to halt or change a process if it is not achieving planned results.
- High School/Trade School Diploma required.
- Must be able to understand production concepts and terminology.
- Must have or be able to obtain a forklift license.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays if required.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements in accordance with the Essential Function Job Analysis.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application.
- Job Family STJ Fabrication
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 1 Gordon Mills Way, St Johnsbury, VT 05819, USA