Lam Line Operator 3rd Shift
Weidmann Electrical Technology Inc. is,
and has been for over 140 years, a leading global supplier of engineered
products and services. Weidmann develops and manufactures high-voltage
insulation materials, components and systems, predominantly from cellulose. Our
facility in St. Johnsbury, VT manufactures electrical insulation, which is
a paper-based product.
Start a career in Paper Manufacturing today!
- $500 sign on bonus after 6 months
- Benefits start 1st of the month after 30 days: medical, dental, vision
- 401k match and PTO starting 1st day
- Company paid life insurance, AD&D insurance, STD, & LTD
Purpose: This employee will mix resins or other glues used in the laminating process,
prepare sheets for laminating, and operate the curtain coater, stacker, and laminating press. They will operate the vacuum lift and perform inspections of laminated sheets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position has significant environmental aspects/impacts associated with it: Hazardous Waste and Air Emissions. Employees in this position are required to handle hazardous wastes. Annual Resource Conservation and Recovery Act training is required.
- Employees in this position are required to label hazardous waste containers.
- Will work hours and shifts necessary to accommodate production schedules.
- Mix resins or other glues for laminating, which involves safe handling of chemicals such as resin, catalyst and acetone. Must make precise and accurate measurements.
- Prepare sheets for laminating such as handling and checking caliper, etc.
- Make careful preparations for laminating such as lining press cart with cardboard and plastic, careful preparation of curtain coater head, glue pump, etc. Cleaning of all equipment as necessary each time after laminating for cleaning purposes.
- Involved in operation of curtain coater, stacker, and laminating press which could include: feeding sheets under coater head, operation of glue pump and coater head, keeping proper alignment of sheets in stacker, and pushing press cart into press and operation (operation/closing) of press.
- Operate vacuum-lift device for separation and inspection of laminated sheets.
- Perform visual inspections and measure other dimensions specified to meet tolerances listed in department documents.
- Responsible for intensive clean-up after mixing and laminating to ensure a clean, safe, and contamination-free environment; and to ensure that none of the equipment used in the gluing process is plugged-up or ruined due to glue set-up.
- Reports any damage of equipment and any out-of-specification material to a superior.
- Produce and ship products as required and specified.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Work to acquire appropriate training.
- Adhere to all environmental, health, and safety procedures.
- Has the responsibility of understanding and carrying out assigned duties in conformance with customer and business requirements. Only known good work is forwarded
- Ensures that problems, errors and/or defects that surface in regard to products, documentation, procedures or materials are promptly brought to attention for correction.
- Provides support and input for continual improvement projects, preventative and corrective actions.
- Has the responsibility to halt or change a process if it is not achieving planned results.
- High School/Trade School Diploma required.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays if required.
- Knowledge of SDS’s proper working procedures when handling Hazmat materials, take and pass the HazWoper Training and must have, or be able to obtain a forklift license.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements in accordance with the Essential Function Job Analysis.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application.
- Job Family STJ Fabrication
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 1 Gordon Mills Way, St Johnsbury, VT 05819, USA