Weidmann Electrical Technology Inc. is, and has been for over 140 years, a leading global supplier of engineered products and services. Weidmann develops and manufactures high-voltage insulation materials, components and systems, predominantly from cellulose. Our facility in St. Johnsbury, VT manufactures electrical insulation, which is a paper-based product.
Start a career in Paper Manufacturing today!
- $500 sign on bonus after 6 months
- Benefits start 1st of the month after 30 days: medical, dental, vision
- 401k match and PTO starting 1st day
- Company paid life insurance, AD&D insurance, STD, & LTD
Summary: The Safety Coordinator is responsible for monitoring operations to eliminate the potential for hazards and ensuring that the company is in compliance and adheres to OSHA guidelines to reduce work-related injuries. Coordinates all aspects of the company safety program including: employee engagement, training, inspections, administration and compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the St. Johnsbury location in implementing the OSHA standards and in creating safety policies and procedures.
- Support, implement and sustain the safety programs and policies/procedures and tool box talks.
- Conducts safety observations and inspections on a regular basis.
- Educate employees and supervisors of at-risk behaviors or unsafe acts.
- Provide recommendations for improving safety in the workplace.
- Promote safe behaviors and initiatives to create and maintain a positive safety culture that involves employees at all levels and locations across the campus.
- Identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and recommend solutions to minimize risks.
- Ensure that corrective processes are finished in a timely manner for all identified hazards.
- Performs other duties as deemed appropriate by management.
- Conduct Safety Orientations for new hires.
- Maintain training documentation, per OSHA guidelines, including on-line and hard copies.
- Manage SDS documentation program.
- Conduct and maintain PPE assessments.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a site safety role.
- Excellent Organizational Skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and collaborate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with leading safety training and creating tool box topics/safety material.
- Highly motivated and able to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to communicate professionally in person, email and via phone.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- 1 Gordon Mills Way, St Johnsbury, VT 05819, USA