Laborer - Union
WinnCompanies is searching for a Laborer to join our team in Beaufort, SC! In this role, your primary responsibility is to perform maintenance functions in the community, including rental units, office buildings, residential areas, grounds and parking lots. Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary systems and equipment. Ensure that all service is performed safely and results in favorable customer feedback which is documented by favorable customer service survey results.
- Responds to service calls, complete COM work and other property maintenance requirements.
- Provide maintenance and rehabilitation of property. Duties include, but are not limited to cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn maintenance, debris removal, plumbing, electrical work, smoke detector maintenance, relocation of furniture/fixtures, repair or replacement of lights, roofs, heating/air systems, appliances
- Transport, install and connect stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers and other electrical and gas appliances.
- On-call emergency repairs and completes repairs as directed by immediate supervisor or other organization management representatives.
- Loads and unloads trucks and other conveyances; moves supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrows or hand trucks; stacks materials for storage or binning; collects refuse and salvageable materials.
- Transports equipment, furnishings and appliances to job sites.
- Repair and fabricate window and door screens and frames
- Digs/fills and tamps earth excavations; levels grounds using pick, shovel, tamper and rake; shovels concrete; cleans culverts and ditches; cuts tree and brush; operate power tools and lawn mowers.
- Removes floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood. Removes damaged drywall.
- Operate power blowers or use brooms to clean roof tops, sidewalks and driveways of leaves and debris. Ensures work-site cleanup.
- Maintaining vehicle and vehicle inventory as prescribed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Vocational or College education preferred.
- First Aid/CPR preferred.
- Must have a current vehicle license in good standing and meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy.
- Ability to utilize a mobile device including applications, email, and internet.
What We Can Offer You
Great Benefits: We offer benefits including health & dental plan options, generous time off and paid holidays, 401(k) and education reimbursement opportunities that’s best for you and your family.
With 3,700 team members working across 600+ locations in 23 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
Operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting and finance. No matter your passion, your work at Winn will impact people who are more than just residents to us. They’re individuals, families and heroes.
- Job Family Maintenance
- Beaufort, SC, USA