ACCOUNT MANAGER - BROADLINE (OAHU)
Sells a broad line of products to foodservice operators by performing the following duties within company and sales department guidelines. Serves as the primary customer-facing employee to assigned customers and as such will embody all Core Values. This position works closely with all departments across the enterprise to first fulfill company objectives and next customer costing savings and sales goals. They are also responsible for the growth of their suite of accounts overall with close attention to the each account’s growth of margin and category penetration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles list of prospective customers to use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, and other sources.
- Travels through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates products, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contract for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of delivery schedules and inventory levels.
- Follows through on customer orders, discrepancies, damages, shortages, or customer complaints.
- Occasionally delivers products to customers.
- Keeps supervisors appraised of any issues related to the operational success or failure of accounts, and possible risks associated in doing business with the same.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and maintains expense accounts within company guidelines.
- Forecasts budget sales based on customer usage reports and communicates same to Buyer.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field, or
- Five or more years of food industry experience.
- Three years of sales experience, preferably in the food industry. Management or supervisory experience a plus.
- Must be proficient in the English language and communicate clearly and effectively in written and oral form.
- Must possess a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate with internal and external associates in an effective, professional and persuasive manner.
- Must be able to perform basic to moderately difficult mathematical functions involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averaging and percentages.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency will all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to be organized, multi-tasked, and be very flexible with changing priorities.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and use of own vehicle.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA