Membership Coordinator - The Ward Y in Abingdon
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they’ve made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As a Y Membership Coordinator, you will oversee all aspects of membership for a Y center including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of associates. You will lead the membership team that helps children, adults, families, and communities live healthier, more connected, engaged and positive lives. You will develop, plan and implement new procedures and methods within Association guidelines to achieve strategic goals. You will also assist the District Executive Director, Program, and Fitness Directors in the development of member centered programs and will perform in a leadership role as assigned to the annual fundraising campaign. You will represent the Y brand and mission through your demeanor, actions, responsiveness and friendly ways. As a Y Membership Coordinator, you’ll contribute to the Y and to the larger community we serve by enhancing the Y member experience, making the Y an enjoyable and meaningful part of their lives.
This work is right for you if you have:
- A love of people with the ability to relate to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a can-do spirit
- The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children, parents/guardians, members, and other Y associates
- 1 year of supervisory experience in customer centric environment with demonstrated experience in generating leads and closing sales (preferred)
- Previous experience supervising a 1,000+ membership unit YMCA or equivalent (preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in related field (preferred)
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Membership
- Pay Type Hourly
- Abingdon, MD, USA