Maintenance Assistant - Y Camp Puh'tok
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they’ve made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As a Maintenance Assistant for Camp Puh’tok, you will assist in the maintenance and repair of the camp’s buildings, grounds, equipment and other facilities consistent with the mission, established policies and procedures of the camp. You will operate the necessary equipment to maintain campgrounds and prevent hazards. You will make repairs, will perform janitorial duties and provide general maintenance support.As a Maintenance Assistant, you’ll contribute to the Y movement by providing experiences that lead to a summer of adventure and a lifetime of memories.
This work is right for you if you have:
- An interest in the well-being of camp age children, enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a good spirit
- The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children parents/guardians, members and other Y associates
- A high school diploma or two years of experience in a facility and site maintenance, construction, or grounds keeping business
- An ability to demonstrate safe and proper use of power equipment and tools, heavy and light machinery and building materials
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Summer/Residential Camp
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal