School Age Services - Full Time Site Director
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Memphis & Mid-South, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Regional and/or Area Coordinator, the Site Director is responsible for planning and implementing all activities and executing daily lesson plans for a School Age Before and After School site according to DHS and YMCA policies and procedures. The Site Director will supervise site staff and their activities. The Site Director will be responsible for providing a School Age program that will ensure the participants’ safety at all times and foster children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth and adheres to YMCA program guidelines and DHS standards. The Site Director will maintain positive relationships with YMCA staff, school staff, and School Age participants. This is a full time position with all of the benefits and responsibilities afforded full time employees of the YMCA of Memphis & the Mid-South.
● Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
● Oversee the operation of an before/after school site, additionally supporting seasonal camp sites.
● Maintain all state and local policies and procedures; adhere to state licensing standards; conduct a licensing inspection at the site.
● Implement a daily curriculum that meets YMCA guidelines and direct staff and
children in the daily activities outlines and weekly lesson plans given. Keep up with calendars, and maintain daily record keeping including rosters.
● Actively lead and engage a group of 15 to 20 (DHS maximum is 20) children in activities outlined in the curriculum given, either inside or outside program areas and during transition times.
● Set up and take down program space so that area is transformed into a child-friendly environment; this includes moving, cleaning, picking up and putting back furniture and equipment ensuring program space is left in organized fashion.
● Supervise staff including schedules, staff coverage, assist in training and developing group leaders and assistant site directors.
● Attend all staff meetings and in-service training as required by the program staff.
● Develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school community to include; principals, assistant principals, teachers, and support staff.
● Develop and maintain communication with parents that meet DHS requirements; attend and/or conduct parent conferences.
● Maintain DHS child care licensing individual files for staff and children and to ensure that they are current and complete according to SOP’s.
● Provide communication to families regarding their student and sometimes sensitive matters.
● Assist in controlling and maintaining supplies and inventory on site and maintain meal time.
● Participate in YMCA volunteer programs and the Annual Giving Campaign.
● Expected to be mobile across the entire system for fill in.
● Work and support special events
● Help facilitate trainings of part time staff
● Be available for some weekend work
● Carry out special projects and perform office duties as assigned by program staff.
● Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA ● An enthusiastic personality with the desire to serve members, volunteers, guests, participants and staff to create a culture of service
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
● Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
● Must be highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
● Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
● Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
● Minimum 21 years of age
o High school diploma or equivalent and four years of experience in child development or related experience; employee must enroll in Tennessee Early Childhood Training Alliance (TECTA) certificate to complete thirty hours of orientation training, or the equivalent as recognized by the Department within the first year of employment; OR
o Two years of college (30 hours of which shall be in business or management, child or youth development, early childhood education or related field) and two years of experience in a group setting; OR
o Four-year degree and one year of full-time (paid or unpaid) experience in a group setting
Before start of 1st shift:
● New Hire Orientation training
● DHS Background Disclosure Form & Fingerprint appointment
● Abuse Registry Check
● DHS Physical health form
● Proof of education
● Completed references report
● Past Employment reference
● DHS TCCOTS “Before you Begin” and “Shaken Baby” training
● Pre-service training
Within 30 days of hire:
● CPR/First Aid/AED (Infant/Pediatric)
● Must maintain annual training requirements
Information Security and Sensitivity Conditions:
• This position requires elevated security permissions (administrative) to one or more systems which store or maintain sensitive and/or confidential information
• This position requires access to sensitive and confidential information
• All system activity performed by individuals working in this position is subject to periodic system audits
• This position may be subject to privileged information such as organization changes, staffing changes, security events or other sensitive communications and is expected to protect and keep sensitive or confidential communications and/or information private
• Failure to comply with any security and/or sensitivity related duties as defined in this section will result in disciplinary action which may include termination
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand; walk on uneven surfaces; sit; handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. The employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level is usually minimal to moderate.
This description is a summary of the functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed. The YMCA of Memphis & the Mid-South reserves the right to review and adjust this job description as business needs dictate.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- Arlington, TN, USA
- Bartlett, TN, USA
- Collierville, TN, USA
- Cordova, Memphis, TN, USA
- Lakeland, TN 38002, USA
- Memphis, TN, USA
- Millington, TN 38053, USA
- Mississippi, USA
- Olive Branch, MS 38654, USA
- Oxford, MS 38655, USA
- Trenton, TN 38382, USA