Member Services Coordinator
Supervise member services, child watch, and all other part-time employees in the day to day operation of the front desk. This person will assist with membership promotions and sales, member engagement and retention, marketing activities and branch communications. This person must have excellent interpersonal, public relations and communications skills as well as the ability to carry out their supervisor responsibilities in accordance with the YMCAs policies and procedures as well as applicable law. They must demonstrate vision, determination and focus in all areas related to the YMCA and its core values.
* Maintaining regular communication with the Center Director regarding special
needs, consideration, or problems that may occur or be recurrent at the front desk.
* Ability to supervise, schedule, recruit, train and assist in developing part-time front desk staff, including following YMCA policies and procedures concerning disciplinary matters.
* Effectively present and respond to questions from members, staff and the general public.
* Stay current and help implement all Membership-related business and program
* Have the ability to assist members with account management including renewals, bank drafts, cancellations and membership change information with minimal errors or supervision, being accountable for each transaction and all money received during shift.
* Identify and resolve issues to ensure membership satisfaction; handle complaints in a courteous manner.
* Assist in acting as liaison with Center Director and other YMCA staff.
* Assist with the leadership of the annual campaign.
* Organize events throughout the year including but not limited to the annual Teapot Trot 5K and Music on the Square activities.
* Assist with maintaining pool during summer months.
* Any other requirements as deemed necessary by Center Director.
Associate Degree required, Bachelor degree preferred.
Strong communication and project management skills. Ability to effectively multi-task, work independently, and problem solve.
Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
Previous customer service, sales or related experience preferred.
Proficient computer skills including Microsoft and Google Office Suites.
Certifications required within 90 days of hire: CPR/AED, First Aid, and Listen First In-service.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to
communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. This includes transporting materials needed for YMCA booths at
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $10.00
- Max Hiring Rate $11.00
- Trenton, TN 38382, USA