4020 Manufacturing Engineering - Application Engineer
We are looking for a to join our Mentor location on a 1st Shift schedule. You will be accountable for creating milling programs, custom fixtures along with trouble shoots and offers assistance to machine operators to ensure product deadlines are met. Drives product flow through the department and assures all Milled products are manufactured efficiently, profitably, and to blueprint specification.
- Create manufacturing programs and customer fixtures.
- Ensure machinists are manufacturing parts to specification in a timely manner.
- Makes suggestions regarding improvement to part processing.
- Ownership of the quality of parts manufactured in department.
- Program machines necessary to manufacture parts to customer specifications.
- Works with quality department on any issues regarding part conformance.
- Participates in daily production meeting daily relaying any issues of delivery, capacity, manufacturability, etc.
- Procures raw material and tooling necessary to manufacture parts.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Proficient in using CAD and CAM software
- Team coordination, leadership and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Working knowledge of inspection equipment.
- Oral communication and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 quality standard.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Must be familiar with and practice internal safety standards.
- Must be respectful and display a positive attitude
- High School diploma or GED equivalence and/or 5 years minimum machining experience.
- Technical school education or college education in machine shop; or a combination
- Demonstrated experience with CNC programming software – Partmaker a plus.
- Competitive wage and benefits package
- Vacation, make-up time, and immediate eligibility for paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance
- Great 401k with company match
Avalign conducts a comprehensive background check that includes drug testing
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Mentor, OH 44060, USA