Support - Returns Clerk
General Position Description:
The Returns Bay Clerk is responsible for, but not limited to, the accurate processing of returned assets or product while unloading/loading trailers in a safe manner. They utilize designated company computer systems, record required information that generate timely billing, and interact with truck drivers in a professional manner. Additionally, they are responsible for any other department related managerial requests.
- Utilizes the AS400 program in AMOV to scan all assets/product off of trailers for the purpose of providing an account of the item
- Identifies the required temperature zone of unloaded product as stated with the driver load diagram and loads the item in a damage free manner
- Works in a collaborative manner with other departments to communicate any discrepancies; is effective with sound conflict resolution practices
- Accurately slots sellable returned product in the warehouse of origin using the BUDS function of the system and documents that information appropriately on specified forms
- Processes salvage product for key customers on designated forms and loads it properly
- Ensures that all perishable refrigeration units are set at their appropriate temperature and monitors their proper function, immediately communicating any discrepancies
- Scans, loads, and completes all cardboard bales correctly and completes all accompanying paperwork accurately and legibly; understands how to use the provided scales with cardboard weights
- Compacts all plastic and cardboard safely and efficiently and loads according to specified guidelines, being accurate and timely with the appropriate documentation
- Supplies other departments with daily asset needs such as e-jacks, load straps, ice-cream bins, bulk-heads; manages the proper charges of e-jacks for daily use
- Maintains all established productivity standards for the position, performs value-added work at all times, and proactively seeks direction from one in charge during slow times
- Other duties as assigned by Supervision.
Performs other duties as assigned such as:
- General housekeeping
- Collection of pallets in the warehouse
- Sorting and loading of pallets
- Assist in the cleaning of warehouse dock plates, when needed and
- Is proactive with initiating other value-added work within operations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- New Distribution Center, 400 Industrial Avenue, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America