Licensed Massage Therapist
Seeking Michigan Licensed Massage Therapists to join our Spa Team!
Do you want to work in a nationally recognized LEED certified spa? Do you desire ongoing professional education, high-end natural professional products, positive work environment with a focus on employee and guest wellness?
Licensed Massage Therapists will administer professional massage and body treatments to guest of the Crystal Spa using thorough knowledge of numerous massage modalities.
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Provide individualized bodywork treatments that meet the clients’ needs and expectations
- Follows current guidelines of the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Michigan Board of Massage Therapy and is a current and in good standing LMT in the State of Michigan.
- Obtain the basic medical history for a client, assesses any problems or conditions, and suggest appropriate therapy based on current health of client according to Michigan Board of Massage Therapy.
- Ensure clients feel welcome when they arrive for their appointments
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Recommends retail products for clients’ at-home usage.
- Maintain spa appearance and cleanliness
- Stock and maintain treatments rooms according to standard operating procedures
- Promote and up-sell products and services
- Maintains and increases knowledge of product line, and skin /body treatments by attending new product and skin care promotions, in house instruction, and education/training classes.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa services presently offered.
- Performs all treatments on services’ menu based on current certifications.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests. Answers guest’s questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Informs Supervisor of product needs.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings and professional trainings.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Maintains office, employee and company confidentiality at all times.
- Dependable and meets goals.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- Must maintain all current licenses and certifications that are required on a state and local level.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America