Snow Sports Instructor (PT-Seasonal)
Snowsports Instructors provide the highest level of instruction to guests of Crystal Mountain Resort & Spa to advance in their Skiing and Snowboarding ability. This position is for the 2021-2022 Season and will begin in the early winter of 2021.
- Meet Snowsports expectations including Great Service, Quality Programming and Safe Recreation.
- Provide guests with a fun, safe, enjoyable and memorable learning experience while exploring appropriate terrain on Crystal Mountain.
- Create a fun environment that is conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Encourage student enthusiasm for skiing / riding, the learning process, and the further development of good skiing / riding skills.
- Develop and foster group dynamics appropriate for the age, skill and makeup of the students in the class.
- Evaluate the accomplishments of students on a daily basis by using the appropriate and available methods developed for each Ski and Snowboard School program.
- Follow the resort’s etiquette guidelines while interacting with guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, professional manner. Maintain positive relations with students, parents, visitors, and general public at all times.
- Instruct all students on The Responsibility Code, and ensure all safety practices are taught and adhered to.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times.
- Demonstrate teamwork, cooperation, respect, and professionalism at all times.
- Attend all required training, safety and other meetings, required both by the department and company.
- Ask for additional training or help when needed.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving personal skiing / riding and teaching abilities through attendance of supplementary training.
- Conduct lessons according to the standards set out by Crystal Mountain Snowsports programs.
- Be knowledgeable of all the programs Crystal Mountain offers.
- Ensure students’ equipment is adequate and comfortable.
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the Instructor manual and survival guide.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- PSIA certified or equivalent preferred.
- Dependable and meets goals.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Able to work any shift, weekends and holidays as schedule and weather dictates.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
- Minimum age requirement of 16.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America