Restaurant Assistant Manager (FT)
The Assistant Restaurant Manager is responsible for ensuring excellence in guest satisfaction through efficient operations achieved by; effective training of staff, quality service and positive environment as measured by guest research tracking and low employee turnover rates. They assist the Restaurant Manager with daily tasks to ensure all outlets are running efficiently.
- Responsible for ensuring guest receive consistently exceptional dining experience from a highly trained, motivated and professional service staff.
- Ensure high standard of appearance, hospitality and service in staff and cleanliness of all dining areas. Confirm music, lighting and atmosphere is appropriate.
- Supervise and support dining room service staff adhering to service standards through proactive guest and staff communications and shift leadership.
- Ensure consistent standards are held for all staff with name tags, clean and proper uniforms and adherence to proper grooming standards.
- Develop strategies for better workplace efficiency and goal achievement.
- Maintain and continually advance food, beer, wine, spirit, restaurant trends and knowledge in self and others.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor and presentation in appearance and by maintaining a positive presence toward all staff members and guests.
- Prepare weekly order and conduct inventory of beer, wine and liquor.
- Delegate restaurant responsibilities among staff.
- Monitor and audit schedules, attendance and tip reporting for bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist with the new hire on-boarding process to ensure training is standardized.
- Audit staff attendance records, evaluations and coaching.
- Comply with all company and department policies, procedures and standards.
- Monitor staff time edits and coaches those on excessive missed punches and obtains approval and/or offers support for overtime.
- Maintain records of personnel performance, coaching and attendance.
- Assist the Restaurant Supervisor with inventory stock levels of service supplies and makes recommendations for purchases based on bar and dining room budgets.
- Assist with other food and beverage outlets coverage as needed.
- Serve as acting Restaurant Manager when they are away.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of beer, liquor, wine and food.
- Previous fine dining experience preferred.
- TIPS/TAMS Trained
- Proficient in Point of Sale Systems (POS)
- Intermediate math skills with ability to count back change, reconcile, and perform basic computations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, Power Point) and Microsoft Publisher.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain company confidentiality.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- AA/AS degree preferred preferably in Hospitality Management or equivalent work experience.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Minimum of 18 years of age for alcohols service and work hours.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America