Thistle Cook (FT)
Crystal Mountain is hiring restaurant cooks who are able to have fun while working in a busy kitchen! Cooks are responsible for preparing restaurant outlet menu and special items to order. Requires reading tickets, ensuring all items are prepared and presented to specifications, communicating with other cooks, prepping product as needed, maintaining cleanliness and sanitation.
We believe in supporting our local producers by – highlighting and sharing their products and story with our guests! Be part of bringing creative culinary traditions back!
We also offer our guests Peak Performance menu items in all outlets as a healthy and flavorful way to eat a balanced blend of proteins, carbs and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Effectively operates the cook’s station.
- Prepares work area for shift and ensures pars are ready for service.
- Pulls all food needed for daily production from walk-in box and utilizes all leftovers as per SOP and with direction from the lead cook, records stock use as per procedures.
- Assists with banquet food production needs as needed and directed.
- Maintains good housekeeping and safe temperatures in the entire workstation, kitchen, walk-in freezers, walk-in boxes and all reach-in refrigerators.
- Ensures all food is properly identified, covered, dated & stored.
- Maintains food quality and service in accordance with standardized company recipes and procedures.
- Promotes and maintains effective communication between service staff and other kitchen staff.
- Reports all needed maintenance and safety observations.
- Practices the "clean as you go" philosophy on the line.
- Must possess good working knowledge of cooking tools, utensils, sanitation procedures, and commercial kitchen equipment.
- Must possess reading and basic math skills to follow recipes.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Restaurant cooking experience required.
- Career tech or college level culinary education preferred.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces under warm temperatures.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required to work with most kitchen equipment. Food preparation positions available for those under 18 who have experience working in kitchens or are part of career tech programs.
- History of reliable attendance.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America