The Recruiter is responsible for researching, developing, and implementing effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a talent pool of qualified and capable talent for Crystal Mountain. The Recruiter also participates as an active member of the Human Resources team by assisting employees and managers with timely, helpful, and exceptional guest service.
- Partner with managers to understand current and anticipated hiring needs in each department.
- Coordinate with hiring managers to ensure the timely opening of needed positions, update postings and track new candidates.
- Assist with creating, reviewing, and updating job descriptions.
- Oversee the background and pre-employment screening process.
- Manage daily information/candidate data tracking and complete offer letters.
- Responsible for building applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, media, and internet job boards.
- Proactively seek new avenues to attract candidates.
- Maintain knowledge of current hiring trends and local competition in order to remain an employer of choice.
- Manage the employee referral program.
- Coordinate external staffing agency logistics.
- Execute seasonal job fairs on site and attend external recruiting events.
- Ensure branding consistency across recruitment materials and messaging.
- Consult with candidates and provide guidance to ensure an excellent hiring experience.
- Assist in the recruitment, communication and on-site logistics for international labor.
- Analyze metrics including time to fill, cost to hire, diversity statistics, etc.
- Prepare and assist with onboarding paperwork including tax forms and I-9 forms, employee identification cards, and name tags for new employees.
- Participate in the planning and execution of New Hire Orientation.
- Perform filing as needed, maintain organized files.
- Provide logistical support for departmental and company-wide events to include, but not limited to: Job Fair, Employee Party, Open Enrollment & Communications Meeting, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion in all internal and external Human Resources related communications.
- Actively participates in office coverage including answering phones, providing guest service at the door, etc.
- Assists with ensuring legal compliance on items such as I-9 documents, work permits, etc.
- Utilize HRIS software to optimize onboarding and related tasks.
- Responsible for other projects as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Microsoft Publisher).
- Effective business writing skills (grammar, vocabulary, clarity and brevity).
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to maximize use of time, resources and technology.
- Able to analyze, interpret and present data in various formats.
- Able to work with computers, faxes, copiers, scanners and various other technologies in offices and on resort.
- Able to speak in front of and present to individuals and groups.
- Able to create accurate reports in Excel with formulas and graphs.
- Maintains office, employee and company confidentiality at all times.
- Dependable and meets goals.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- Minimum of a two year degree or combination of experience and post high school business-related course work.
- Experience in Human Resource functions preferred.
- Prior experience in hospitality industry a plus.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While preforming the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings as business needs may dictate. Winter and summer require ability to work Saturday office rotation.
- Ability to travel for recruiting fairs, college, and school events and training.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America