Restaurant Manager (FT)
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for ensuring excellence in guest satisfaction through efficient operations achieved by; effective training of staff, quality service and positive environment as measured by guest research tracking and low employee turnover rates. They are responsible for meeting or beating monthly budget numbers.
- Adhere to all resort performance standards to ensure that all guests have an outstanding dining experience.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive and professional attitude toward all staff members and guests.
- Ensure high standard of appearance, hospitality and service in staff and cleanliness of all dining areas.
- Provide leadership & training to staff to ensure SOPs are updated and followed.
- Coordinate new hire on-boarding process to ensure training is standardized.
- Ensure all service staff have or become TIPS certified.
- Ensure consistent standards are held for all staff with name tags, clean and proper uniforms and adherence to proper grooming standards.
- Create a motivational atmosphere and a cohesive service team.
- Manage dining room service staff within budgetary restraints.
- Ensure proper coverage of all food and beverage outlets by ensuring scheduling needs are met.
- Responsible for maintaining staff attendance records, evaluations and coaching.
- Monitor and audit schedules, attendance and tip reporting for bi-weekly payroll.
- Delegate restaurant responsibilities among supervisors and service staff.
- Model guest service, food/wine knowledge and supporting service standards.
- Establish and maintain all par levels of restaurant china, silverware, glassware, etc.
- Prepare weekly orders and conduct inventory of beer, wine and liquor.
- Develop/implement programs to increase revenues (repeat business and higher check averages).
- Monitor staff time edits and coaches those on excessive missed punches and obtains approval and/or offers support for overtime.
- Responsible for maximizing profitability and consistent quality services.
- Assist with other food and beverage outlets coverage as needed.
- Inventory stock levels of service supplies and makes recommendations for purchases based on bar and dining room budgets.
- Comply with all company and department policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as required.
- Previous supervisory experience required,
- TIPS/TAMS trained required.
- Extensive food, beer, wine and local food sourcing knowledge.
- Previous fine dining experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, Aloha, ADP/Time Saver, SMS.
- Effective business writing skills (grammar, vocabulary, clarity and brevity).
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Maintains office, employee and company confidentiality at all times.
- Dependable and meets goals.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- Associate’s degree required with fine dining restaurant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred from a four year university or college in Hospitality Management and/or equivalent work experience.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America