Waste & Recycle Attendant (PT)
The Waste Reduction/Recycling Attendant will be responsible for monitoring the flow of all waste, compostable materials, and recycling on the resort. This position will make sure all areas of the resort stay clean, and that trash is disposed of in a safe, effective, and environmentally friendly way.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain all exterior waste and recycling bins on Resort.
- Process all on site waste/compost/recycling in a way to reduce Resort ecological footprint and to maximize efficiency.
- Transport recycling and compostable material.
- Sort paper, plastic, glass, metal, electronic waste, universal waste.
- Bale cardboard and coordinate delivery of cardboard into market.
- Process compost and maintain compost pile and area around it.
- Coordinate recycling bin and waste compactor pick-ups with waste hauler.
- Keep records of materials being disposed of and recycled.
- Record data collected into specified electronic formats.
- Communicate issues of significance to managers regarding areas requiring special attention noted during rounds.
- Suggest improvements to streamline systems and encourage waste reduction.
- Inspect the interior and exterior of the dedicated recycling truck regularly to ensure it is properly maintained.
- Communicate any mechanical or structural maintenance needs noted on rounds to proper department.
- Operate heavy machinery using all required safety procedures to include tractors, compactors and vehicles.
- Use personal protective safety equipment when handling refuse.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the recycling areas.
- Comfortable interacting with guests and working in highly visible areas.
- Requires attention to detail and ability to work both indoor and outdoors as needed with seasonal shifts.
- Requires individual with a self-directed work style and able to work with minimal supervision to organize and plan out daily activities.
- Requires understanding and genuine interest in conservation and sustainability concepts.
- Previous experience working with large machinery preferred.
- GED or High School Equivalent required.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have unrestricted and insurable Michigan driving record. Chauffeur license preferred.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America