Facilities Attendant (FT)
The Facilities Attendant is responsible for providing daily and deep seasonal cleaning services. They will make sure all areas of the resort stay clean, and that trash is disposed of in a safe, effective, and environmentally friendly way. They will also provide guest shuttle and guest service duties as needed. This position requires attention to detail and the ability to work both indoors and outdoors.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain public areas of resort buildings by taking out trash, tidying furniture, dusting surfaces, and sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors.
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.g. soap).
- Clean all air vents, dust ceiling/remove cobwebs.
- Basic carpet care (i.e. spot clean, remove stains, gum, etc.) as needed.
- Process all on site waste and recycling in a safe, effective, and environmentally friendly way.
- Comply with information provided by Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and other safety doctrines.
- Respond to guest service calls as needed (gift baskets, supply runs to guests, etc.)
- Drive the Crystal Mountain Resort guest shuttle.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous manner at all times.
- Provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the resort.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must display very good organization and time management skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to consistently work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to maximize use of time, resources and technology.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have unrestricted and insurable Michigan driving record. Chauffeur license preferred.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America