Provider - Licensed Psychologist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Full Time
Meaningful careers at Borrego Health
No matter what you do at Borrego Health, your job makes a difference in our patient’s lives. Whether you are a provider, nurse, medical assistant, accounting clerk, or simply support the Borrego Health’s mission in other ways, you will be helping families in underserved areas of San Diego, San Bernardino, and Riverside Counties through your work. Our employees display Borrego Health’s Core Values every day.
YOUR HEALTH, OUR MISSION
Why Borrego Health
Borrego Health offers career opportunities that not only help you focus on changing and making a difference in the lives of others but also enhance your own life.
Borrego Health consists of a team of professionals committed to making a difference in the communities we serve by delivering quality healthcare services. Join a team that is expanding services and advancing technology in underserved areas of San Diego, San Bernardino, and Riverside Counties.
At Borrego Health, we are proud of the talented, knowledgeable and dedicated employees who have helped build our tradition of excellence in healthcare. At Borrego Health, we provide a positive, supportive and innovative work environment that can help employees transform their own lives and grow professionally. Whether you have many years of experience or are just beginning your career, we invite you to learn more about the opportunities at Borrego Health.
Join our team and make a difference today!
Evaluates patients for mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders. Diagnoses disorders, including nature and extent, and determines the appropriate course of treatment for the patient. Uses talk therapy to treat patient illness or distress, cannot prescribe medication.
- Aim to reduce psychological distress, enhance, and promote psychological wellbeing. Work in health and social care settings, as part of a multidisciplinary team. Apply methods and findings of psychology and psychological theories to clients to enable them to make positive changes in their lives
- Work with people of all ages who experience mental or physical health problems. These can include anxiety and depression, adjustment to physical illness, eating disorders, behavior disorders, personal and family relationship problems
- Assessing a client's needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of behavior
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses, social workers, education professionals, health visitors, school health nurses, occupational therapists and physiotherapists
- Devising and monitoring appropriate programs of treatment, including therapy, counseling or advice, in collaboration with colleagues
- Rehabilitating long-stay patients into the community
- Providing consultation to other professions, encouraging a psychological approach in their work
- Maintains up to date clinical notes on clients
- Counseling and supporting careers
- Carrying out applied research, adding to the evidence base of practice in a variety of health care settings
- Develop relationships with community resources for referral of serious mental illness as well as substance abuse
- Provides outreach workshop and lectures
- Acts as a liaison between client and community resources as needed
- Protect patient privacy, following HIPAA standards for psychology practice
- Performs additional job related duties and responsibilities as requested
- Supervision of interns in the following areas:
- Registered Psychologist
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Marriage and Family therapist
- Define goals and objectives of the plan for supervised professionals
- As supervisor, responsible for ensuring compliance at all times by the trainee with the provision of the psychology licensing law, and the regulations adopted pursuant to these laws
- As supervisor, responsible for ensuring that trainee complies with record keeping regulations as well as the ethical principles and code of conduct of the American Psychological Association
- Demonstrated ability to practice Psychology or Social Work in the State of California by evidence of a current and valid license.
- A minimum of 1 year experience post completion of clinical training
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a current and valid CPR certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. CPR certification must be obtained through the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
Borrego Health offers benefits plans that help you stay healthy, meet your financial goals, and achieve a balance between your work and personal life.
Borrego Health offers the following benefits to full-time providers:
- Medical Coverage with low co-pays to no co-pays
- Pharmacy discounts from the Borrego Health Pharmacy
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Low-Cost Individual Supplemental Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurances (Disability Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Accident Insurance, etc.)
- Continuing Education Reimbursement (CME)
- Medical Scribe program to assist with charting
- UpToDate – Clinical Decision Support
- Medical Malpractice Liability Protection through the FTCA
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
Loan Repayment Programs
Borrego Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center and participates in the California State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP). The SLRP provides loan repayment assistance to healthcare professionals who provide healthcare services in federally designated California Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA). Borrego Health's HPSA score averages 18 for Medical Clinics and 20 for our Behavioral Health Clinics. Please note HPSA scores may vary and depend on location and services of the assigned clinic.
To learn more, please visit website at:
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Escondido, California, EE. UU.