Lead Supervisor CDL - Water Distribution
Under general supervision to function as the onsite crew supervisor over a crew of three to six employees. This position functions as a working supervisor, therefore, the lead supervisor must be familiar with all aspects of the assigned activities. Responsible for evaluating situations and making appropriate decisions based on the circumstances.
This position has direct supervision over the assigned work crew.
IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
1. Plan routine work and maintenance for the crew.
2. Manage and organize priorities, focusing on immediate needs and report status updates.
3. Maintain communication with immediate supervisor regarding the progress of projects and assignments.
4. Ensure the safety of employees and maintain a safe work environment at all worksites.
5. Oversee projects and project completion.
6. Manage project schedules to ensure on-time completion.
7. Train the crew and set a good example for new employees.
8. Coordinate work assignments with the Water Distribution System Maintenance team.
9. Responsible for the daily reporting, ensuring its accuracy, completeness, and that it is turned in at the proper time.
OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES
Perform other job related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Methods, materials, practices and equipment used in the completion of the assigned work.
Occupational hazards involved and standard safety precautions necessary in performing needed work.
Location and general characteristics of the assigned system.
Principles of plumbing and hydraulics as related to work.
Safe driving principles and practices.
Work alongside the crew and perform as a working supervisor.
Operate and care for a variety of tools and equipment used in water distribution system maintenance and repair activities.
Safely operate a motor vehicle.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, both internally and externally.
Follow and embrace the City of Abilene Core Values – Respect, Integrity, Service Above Self, and Excellence in All We Do.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination equivalent to experience and training to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying. Knowledge, skills, and abilities may be obtained through:
Three (3) years of experience in water distribution, maintenance, and repair work is required.
A high school diploma or GED is required.
License or Certificate:
A valid Texas Class A CDL driver’s license is required.
A Class C Distribution license or must hold a current unexpired D Water license and is required to obtain and maintain a Class C Distribution License within two (2) years of employment is required.
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
With or without accommodation, ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
Regular and punctual attendance is required.
Ability to work late in order to complete a task or project.
Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, and climb.
Exposure to cold, heat, noise, outdoors, confining work space, chemicals, explosive materials, mechanical hazards, and electrical hazards.
Ability to travel different sites.
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Tasa de contratación mínima $20.56
- Tasa de contratación máxima $24.85
- Water Distribution, 701 E. Hwy 80, Abilene, Texas, Estados Unidos de América