Corp - BUYER - SUPPLY CHAIN
Provide professional procurement and contract management support to all Del Taco company and franchised restaurants. This support will ensure continuous availability at the lowest possible cost of products that meet our specified quality standards, resulting in direct and measurable contributions to company sales and profitability.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure all products are continuously available to distributors and Del Taco locations when needed by establishing agreements/contracts with product manufacturers. Anticipate, identify and promptly address all product availability issues and resolve any chronic supply issues that arise.
- Ensure all suppliers have sufficient production and quality capabilities to meet Del Taco’s needs by visiting existing and potential suppliers’ facilities and assessing production capabilities, manufacturing practices and quality standards.
- Make award recommendations which deliver the best balance of quality, price and service to Del Taco by soliciting and analyzing supplier proposals.
- Maintain Del Taco prices at or below open market indices through negotiations, cost/price analysis, value engineering, and development of alternate suppliers.
- Manage production and inventory levels at manufacturers and distributors to ensure reliability and lowest total cost and avoid costs for discontinued/obsolete inventory.
- Proactively develop additional suppliers as we grow to ensure the lowest costs to Del Taco
- Ensure availability and accurate pricing at authorized distributors on assigned products on a continuous basis.
- Support effective new product introductions by working collaboratively with R&D on product sourcing and innovation, and negotiating and managing new item introductions with our suppliers.
- Ensure timely availability of all assigned ingredients to support product tests and new product introductions.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a QSR Restaurant purchasing/procurement environment (or related experience) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of purchasing principles and practices, purchasing law and contracting terms is preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word and Power Point. Must be able to create spreadsheets, use formulas, graph data, and create professional looking output.
- Excellent organizational skills; must be able to manage several complex projects simultaneously and continually re-prioritize projects as needs change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management at the corporate office and in the restaurants.
- Ability to analyze data and make contracting recommendations based on sound judgment, problem solving, and financial analysis.
- Always maintain the highest ethical standards in dealings with suppliers, franchisees and coworkers.
- Able to work occasionally in typical restaurant and distribution environments (hot kitchens, coolers & freezers, etc.).
- Capable of travel up to 10%, including out-of-state airline travel, and maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for local travel.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, tasks related to unit growth or technical developments)
- Grupo de puestos SUPPLY CHAIN
- Función del puesto Buying/Purchasing
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Se requiere desplazamiento Sí
- % de desplazamiento 10
- Nivel de formación requerido Título de licenciatura
- 25521 Commercentre Dr, Lake Forest, CA 92630, EE. UU.