Alltrista - Director of Engineering
Primary Purpose of Position:
Coordinates activities of the CTT Engineering Department in design, process, projects, development, systems and continuous improvement. Provides planning, direction and coordination for all engineering activities while achieving optimum use of employees, equipment, materials and facilities. Plans and establishes engineering projects, as well as budgets for all CTT Operations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Leads major capacity improvement, cost savings and automation projects from inception to completion.
• Develops manufacturing processes in support of new products introductions
• Manages overall capital budget for CTT Operations. Responsible for development of AFE's including scope, cost savings justification/ROI, capital and expense costs, project timelines.
• Controls all project spending in line with budgeted AFE. Closes out projects in timely fashion. Accounts for newly created assets.
• Responsible for equipment design and specifications for manufacturing and ancillary equipment. Solicits vendor quotes and negotiates best overall value taking into account pricing, payment terms, equipment reliability, warranties, parts and service.
• Meets with local municipalities, architects and engineers to understand permit requirements and secure permits in a timely fashion.
• Leads multi-functional project teams (engineering, operations, IT, real estate, finance, EHS&S, quality, etc). Delegates tasks to make the best use of resources and routinely follows-up to ensure project keeps pace with timelines.
• Communicates status upward and with internal customers to ensure input is incorporated into project to achieve best overall results.
• Thinks like an operator to execute projects that will achieve or surpass expectations for results such as safety, quality, efficiency, cost and ease of maintenance.
• Knowledge and application of lean manufacturing tools such as Kaizen events, SMED for rapid changeover improvement, TPM/preventive maintenance, one piece flow, process centerlines, value stream mapping, etc. •
• Possesses and develops expertise in injection molding, extrusion, packaging and associated automation. Skilled in investigating new processes and technologies.
- • BS Engineering degree: Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering.
• Minimum of 5 - 10 years’ experience in project management along with Lean Manufacturing experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience implementing process automation to achieve improved efficiencies, rates and cost savings.
• Track record of delivering projects on-time and under budget.
• At least 5 years of Engineering leadership experience. Excellent communication skills; high sense of urgency and ability to collaborate with other functions.
• Proven ability to lead lean initiatives in a manufacturing environment; achieving outstanding results and cost savings.
• Six Sigma – Black Belt
• Lean Manufacturing Experience.
• Understanding of mechanical working of a variety of production machinery.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Standing and walking approximately 80 percent of work time.
• Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
• Typical manufacturing environment.
• Typical travel expected to be 25%, but able to travel up to 50% of work time, if needed for major projects.
- Grupo de puestos EM
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Greer, Carolina del Sur, EE. UU.