As part of this newly created role, the Director, Compliance will lead and direct initiatives of the compliance function for KDC/ONE (“KDC” or the “Company”). This position will contribute to the strategy and day-to-day operations of the compliance function to proactively identify and address risks, working in close cooperation with all functional areas of KDC.
This role will support the General Counsel in the Company's compliance with laws, regulations and policies, and report to the General Counsel.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight of this new function, ensuring that the organization has the appropriate policy management processes in place for identifying, tracking and managing key risks, based on the organization risk assessment and risk profile;
- Evaluate existing codes, policies and procedures for the Company;
- Provide recommendations for improving and implementing key compliance policies and risk management processes, ensuring that those are continuously adapted and tailored to support KDC’s growth objectives;
- Coordinate the implementation of policies and procedures globally;
- Develop reporting on program status, changes to risk profile, ongoing monitoring activities, accomplishments and metrics to senior management;
- Actively participate in the conduct and periodic update of the Company’s compliance and ethics related risk assessments and surveys;
- Support other business units on topics related to corporate Compliance, such as overseeing compliance with the Code of Conduct for all employees and maintaining the certification record;
- Working with internal audit, accounting/finance, regulatory, human resources, IT and other functional areas as appropriate, to implement education and training programs;
- Interpret, clarify and provide guidance on any issue concerning KDC's compliance program;
- If needed, oversee and coordinate the timely & confidential investigation of complaints alleging non-compliance with any laws, regulations or any of KDC’s policies;
- Oversee implementation of monitoring and remediation plans for compliance and ethics risk and violations, and periodically review the effectiveness of remediation measures in place;
- Develop/implement corrective action plans, where needed;
- Coordinate with other risk and compliance functions (e.g. the risk management function/committee and the regulatory compliance function) to ensure that objectives, compliance initiatives, and reporting are all aligned;
- Stay current with industry compliance trends, issues, actions and best practices and apply knowledge to KDC’s Compliance program.
- Previous experience in compliance within global R&D and manufacturing organizations;
- Experience in the personal beauty and health or homecare products/industry will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated competency in and passion for compliance activities;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including influencing and building consensus among teams.
- Fluent in English and French, both written and oral.
- Can work effectively in a fast-paced & collaborative environment.
- Passionate about understanding operations and providing practical solutions to mitigate risks.
- Orientation to collaborative work, to coach/assist business units.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to supervise and motivate others in matrix organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Law or Accounting, or related field or equivalent experience
- Compliance Certification preferred
- Minimum 10 years work experience with at least 7 years in Corporate Compliance
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Indicador de empleo SG&A
- Longueuil, 375 boul Roland-Therrien, Longueuil, Quebec, Canadá