AVP, Community & Economic Development
This role will focus on building, nurturing and expanding bank relationships in the community and economic development arena. It will deepen connections and access to banking among main street, multicultural markets and marginalized communities. There will also be a focus on community partners, both for small businesses, Non-Profit organizations and Pillar Faith-Based institutions. This person will be integral to the success of the $200-million-dollar investment that the bank has recently introduced. This person will be part of a team to support the external outreach, volunteerism and charitable giving while also enabling sound processes and practices to ensure compliance and leadership within our regulatory framework. A strong understanding of banking principles and ability to create loans and opportunities in all settings, including non-traditional deal creation and partnerships will be essential for success. Relationships are core to the community banking industry; it will be the relationships that this person can forge with our community partners that will define the success of this individual and the team. This organization reaches into all communities in the St. Louis region and the successful candidate will be able to communicate and connect in each of these unique regions.
- Ability to build, nurture and expand relationships with various community partners, not for profits, and pillar faith-based institutions and internal teams.
- Liaison between MBC and the external community serving as brand ambassador.
- Ability to engage in dialogue with low to moderate income communities, small business owners and nonprofit leaders. Source opportunities then assess the risks and impacts from both the clients and the banks perspective for development and implementation of an overall client strategy. Understand and sell core services, i.e. mortgages, small business and consumer loans to meet the needs of clients.
- Exceptional skills in the development of active referral sources from both the customer base and related industry professionals
- Ability to support the vision of the CED team and demonstrate success against the short- and long-term goals and strategies of the division
- Deep knowledge of banking to enable lending and create situations that look beyond traditional loan constructs to ensure community opportunity while balancing with internal credit risk appetite.
- Robust understanding of compliance and regulation in the space of banking and CED - CRA, HMDA
- Focus on Community and Economic Development
- Customer Centric Focus
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Act with Integrity
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Results Oriented/Execution
- Strong business acumen in banking
- Relationship Management
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, management, or finance
- 3 years’ experience in banking or the financial industry
- Demonstrate active listening and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in positive dialogue one-on-one or in a group setting, and at all levels of the organization
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Proven ability to think and act independently and the ability to work individually or as a member of a team
- Skilled at prioritizing duties, working under time constraints, handling multiple tasks, and working independently while remaining flexible to changing priorities and assignments
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are as required and may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This role requires occasional traveling from branch location(s) to on-site customer visits with possible out of town trips.
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Nivel de formación requerido Título de licenciatura