The Spartan RV Chassis Sourcing Agent is responsible for a team of purchasing professionals located in Charlotte, MI., while supporting other SV locations as needed. The Sourcing Agent is responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing supplier and product value stream improvement initiatives with assigned suppliers or commodities. This will be done through effective use and support of the strategic sourcing process, cost targeting, supplier performance planning, supplier development and value analysis/value engineering initiatives for the Spartan RV Chassis manufacturing facility. The Sourcing Agent ensures that suppliers are meeting operational requirements, delivering quality products on-time or as required by the manufacturing operations manager.
- Lead and manage one to three professional Supply Management associates with specific goals that support corporate objectives.
- Ensure team members understand expected results and the work processes required to achieve expected results.
- Back up to Manager, Buyers & Staff members as needed. Will need to be the Purchasing Manager’s primary back-up and professionally act on behalf of the Purchasing department.
- Work with various business teams to gather requirements, create a project plan, and deliver results on projects that improve gross margin.
- Review supplier performance data to identify areas for improvement.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Gather data in order to analyze a specific commodity and/or supplier for identifying and implementing value add activities such as cost reductions, innovation, risk management, etc. within the supply chain base
- Maintain understanding of actual versus target achievement for each individual contributor and support them in closing gaps.
- Develop and maintain development plans for each direct report which lists the most important training needs necessary to improve performance.
- Perform work of direct reports when required to meet process or learning targets.
- Lead negotiation of critical agreements that range in value from $1-$5 million.
- Identify opportunities and collaborate with engineers and suppliers to implement improvements.
- Conduct strategic sourcing for items or commodities, as designated by the SCM leadership team, which may include local/regional activities along with global projects.
- Achieve agreements with suppliers on current cost elements using observable facts and an understanding of Shyft’s performance expectations to build targets for future attainment.
- Understand and apply formal project management principles to work, as appropriate.
- Influence others to meet milestones and coordinate work of others.
- Lead cross-functional project teams.
- Manage relationships with assigned suppliers; successfully align suppliers' operating plans to achieve Shyft’’s objectives.
- Use market analysis to understand global influences to the supply base and create strategies to leverage these dynamics for the benefit of the Company.
- Communicate and apply quality and engineering concepts at a high level with both internal and external resources, as required.
- Responsible for spends of $1-$30 million and identifying annual cost savings.
- Successfully build and maintain contacts and relationships which span country and/or regional borders, as work may cross countries or global regions.
- Manage Transportation/Freight items and Outside Warehouse Leasing.
- Provide training and development for new and current buyers/staff members and for ongoing continuous improvement efforts.
- Support special projects and the continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Materials Management, Finance, Engineering, or Operations.
- Minimum of five years experience in a professional procurement role with exposure to a variety of manufacturing processes and commodities.
- Experience sourcing products overseas (globally) is preferred.
- Ability to speak and/or read multiple languages preferred.
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) preferred.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Maintain a flexible and extended work schedule as needed to accomplish objectives
- Improve self / area / company (including pursing additional training, if needed)
- Travel as needed, including internationally
- Grupo de puestos Administrative
- Función del puesto SGA
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Charlotte, Míchigan 48813, EE. UU.