Project Manager (U.S. Navy Auxiliary Ships Acquisition - Contigent)
VSE is searching for senior-level project managers to manage and oversee a various professional support services program for the PMS 325 Program Office supporting Support Ships, Boats, & Crafts.
Ideal candidates will have significant program management experience supporting the US Navy, preferably in the area of acquisition and lifecycle management. Specialized in U.S. Navy Auxiliary Ships Acquisition.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate's responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) performing, supporting, or supervising the following actions:
- Plan, organize, direct, and control all contractor personnel to ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled, quality standards are met, and associated expectations of performance are achieved.
- Manage all efforts that support the execution of work directed by customer.
- Provide strategic, facilitative, and decision support services. Analyze existing problems, identify/assess alternative sustainment, enhancement strategies, provide recommendations, and assist in defining requirements for future programs.
- Ensure funding requirements are identified, subcontractors are identified and utilized IAW their statements of work, financial tracking and associated burn rates are maintained within established budgets and other areas as required.
- Interface with the Government customer to ensure quality and expectations are met, and proper procedures are followed per the customer's instructions.
- Ensure all contractual deliverables are met as per contract stipulated reporting deadlines.
- Prepare and update program plans, monitor progress and performance against these plans.
- Prepare Scope of Work (SOW) and other supporting documents to support Request for Proposal packages.
- Support and implement VSE Policies within your work environment.
- Evaluate and approve decisions that impact the scope, budget, or schedule of the program.
- Regularly review status of the program and customer deliverables.
- Prepare Delivery and Purchase Order Modifications that detail scope and various funding line requirements.
- Must be a motivated self-starter who can effectively lead a team of VSE personnel in a challenging work environment; able to handle multiple concurrent taskings and maintain professional relationships with our customer and the end user; a resourceful problem starter; have Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail with a focus on quality results.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDES EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES), ETC.):
·Active secret security clearance.
·Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in related field.
·10 years of experience with DoD acquisition processes, in DoD/Navy program management, Industry or Government technical management, or Industry or Government business.
·5 years of experience in/with Auxiliary Ships, Special Mission Ships, Service Crafts, Boats and their Life Cycles.
·Must have experience with common productivity software including Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be highly organized with attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable and capable interacting with contractor peers, Government customers, and active-duty military personnel.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDE LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SECURITY CLEARANCE, TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS, ETC.):
·5 years of supervisory experience desired.
·Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification recognized by Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent DAWIA certification.
- Experience in working with foreign clients and export control, including International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) issues and international security cooperation policy.
Think Analytically, Effective Verbal Communication, Effective Written Communication, Make Decisions, Observe/Examine Details, Remember Details, Interpret Data, Discriminate Colors, Concentrate on Tasks, Adjust to Changes, Handle Stress/Emotions.
Regular Attendance, Maintain Work Schedule, Irregular Hours, Attend Meetings, Meet Deadlines, Keyboard/Type, Handle Confidential Info, Use Math/Calculations, Stay Organized, Operate Equipment.
Stand, Sit, Walk, Climb, (Stairs/Ladders) Push or Pull, Balance, Bend, Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl, Reach, Talk, Hear, See, Repetitive Motion, Eye/Hand Coordination, Fine Manipulation, Lifting Up to 25 Pounds, Carrying Up to 25 Pounds.
Fumes/Mists, Gases/Odors, Dust/Dirt, Wet/Slippery Surfaces, Humid, Extreme Temperatures, Mechanical Hazards, Electrical Hazards, Vibration, Sharp Objects/Tools, Heavy Machinery, Moving Parts, Noise.
- Grupo de puestos Operations
- Función del puesto General and Operations Manager
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Alexandria, Virginia, EE. UU.