Night Operations Coordinator, Rockford, IL
HOURS: Multiple shifts available; hours vary.
THIS IS CURRENTLY A WORK AT HOME POSITION. MAY BE REQUIRED TO BE PRESENT ON-SITE AT TIMES.
Pay Range: $17.58 - $21.98/hour
We are experiencing historic growth volumes in freight so our team is growing as well! Now hiring for three positions on the Night Operations team based out of Rockford IL. Freight moves 24/7 – so it’s critical for Landstar to support our network even outside of “normal” working hours. The Night Operations team provides this after-hours support to all operational departments critical to keep freight moving. Team members assist Landstar independent owner-operator drivers and sales agents nationwide via phone and email on service-related issues that could hinder the movement of active freight shipments. Coordinators ensure timely and professional assistance is given so that stellar customer service is provided regardless of time of day.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Answer after-hours calls for all departments
- Distribute or authorize funds to capacity providers and/or vendors in accordance with Landstar policies and procedures
- Complete Landstar Service Incident Reports (LSIR) on any service related issues
- Respond to and resolve pickup, in-transit, delivery and other logistics issues and/or complaints between agents, BCOs and customers
- Support the Accident Hotline and respond to requests for assistance as required
- Assist with cargo discrepancies/claims, contact after hours on call staff when needed.
- Assist BCOs with all border crossing/customs issues
- Fax Permits, answer routing questions, answer questions regarding state requirements and state permits.
- Provide HAZMAT spill assistance.
- Handle incoming calls pertaining to various BCO requests for funds.
- Issue authorizations to shops for all company trailers for any repairs or preventative maintenance needed.
- Assist BCOs locating trailers that have been assigned by the trailer utilization department.
- Support Managed Accounts as needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Willingness to work unscheduled overtime upon short-notice is imperative.
Working knowledge Word, Excel, Internet and Outlook
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Good typing skills, 35+ WPM
Strong problem solving and decision making skills
Ability to prioritize and multi-task
Ability to work in a stressful environment
Ability to work well under pressure in a call center environment
Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Ability to work with minimal supervision
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Minimum Experience: Previous customer service experience in a similar environment
Years’ Experience for full proficiency in role: Six months
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; and lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Ability to sit at workstation for at least a 12 hour shift and perform extensive computer and telephone work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Type de paie À heure
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 1000 Simpson Rd, Rockford, Illinois, États-Unis d’Amérique