Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as mopping and waxing floors, dusting, deep cleaning of all bathrooms, and removing trash.
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, buffing, and vacuuming. This includes the use and care of floor cleaning machines and buffers.
• Gather, empty, and discard trash.
• Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
• Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
• Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
• Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
• Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
• Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
• Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
• Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
• Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
• Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
• Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
• Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
• Ability to be a self-starter with little or no supervision.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to push/pull wagons, carts, buggies, dollies loaded with cargo
• Unrestricted ability to repetitiously bend, stoop squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn and reach out.
• Ability to repetitiously bend [stoop and/or squat] to lift items weighing an average of 50 lbs. each to load/unload wagons, carts, buggies or dollies.
• Ability to stand on concrete floor approximately 80 percent of shift.
• Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with co-workers and employees, and to read receipts and reports.
• Ability to sign and record numbers by hand and to make entries on records and prepare reports.
• Ability to count, add subtract and balance columns of numbers.
• Ability to perform light electrical, plumbing, and carpentry a plus.
- Famille d’emplois Hourly
- Type de paie À heure
- Taux à l’embauche 16,00 $
- Portland, Oregon, États-Unis